Here at The Baobab Way we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check back periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How your information is used
We require this information to understand your needs so that we may provide you with a better service. In particular, the information is used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improving existing products and services, and developing new products and services.
- Sending occasional newsletters, promotional emails about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Contacting you for market research purposes.
- Carrying out our obligations arising from the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Facilitating your use of interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
We never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find useful and or interesting.
Disclosing your information
We will only disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others.
We will protect personal data by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Our website uses analytical cookies to provide you with a better user experience by recognising and counting visitors and seeing which pages are visited. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and so we can provide the most relevant information to you.
You can restrict or block the cookies used on our site through your browser settings. If you go to the “Help” function within your browser, you can get detailed instructions on how to change them.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org, which provides instructions on how to block cookies on all the major browsers. This site also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer as well as general information about cookies.
You should be aware though that most cookies are harmless and restricting them may limit the functionality of the websites you visit.
For further information please contact us.
Links to other websites
Electronic Data Storage
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
We use trusted 3rd Party Software providers to help us run our business. If you want to know more about these providers, please contact us.
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose, at any time, to opt out of receiving information from us. You can do this by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in one of our newsletters. Alternatively you may contact us to tell us that you no longer wish to receive information from us and we will unsubscribe you.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have several rights concerning the information we hold on you.
- The right to be forgotten. Should you wish that your information be completely removed from our database, please contact us stating your request clearly. We will remove your details and send you a final confirmation email for your records. You should be aware that we can only remove data that will not compromise the integrity of our business. If you have any concerns about that, please contact us for more information.
- Right to access. You can request access to the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us. In order to meet our costs in responding, there will be a small charge.
- Right to be notified of data breaches. Should any of our activities result in a data breach where your data or information is compromised, we will do the right thing by you and let you know what and how it happened and what we are doing about it to secure your data and prevent future occurrences.
- Right to request your data be corrected. If any of the data or information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us and let us know what corrections to make.